MotionLab is ready to license a part of or all of its assets in the following two-level framework for an interested firm. The founder in person will join your members at one of your firm’s campuses. Your members will receive hands-on training and all the help they need. From now on, the team means the group of people consisting of your members and the MotionLab founder.
[Level 1] Lectures regarding Symmetric Geometry and Atomic-Motion Installation
Subject areas: mathematical theories, algorithms, and software
The period for completion: 4 – 6 weeks
- The founder lectures regarding Symmetric Geometry, Atomic-Motion algorithms, and Motion-Abstractions algorithms using a 156-page pdf textbook, An Introduction to Symmetric Geometry. This textbook includes extensive exercises.
- The founder walks through the source code of Science Robot Mac app. He also discusses programming techniques of creating complex motions based on Atomic Motions.
- The team installs a new Science-Robot-like motion simulator in your IDE with all families of Atomic Motions. (The installation task is nothing more than an installation of a set of object-oriented classes.) This simulator will include more functions than those of Science Robot. The simulator includes several Motion-Abstraction capacities as well.
[Level 2] Installing Atomic Motions and Others in a Hardware Vehicle
Subject areas: hardware, algorithms, and software
The period for completion: 8 weeks or more
[Level 1] is a prerequisite for [Level 2].
The team uses one of your firm’s vehicles as a testbed.
- The team installs an odometry function in the vehicle. Odometry is a function, which evaluates the best estimates of the vehicle’s current frame ((x, y), θ) at every motion-control cycle, where the variables x and y are the coordinates of the vehicle in a global Cartesian coordinate system, and the variable θ is the vehicle’s heading relative to the global X-axis.
- The team installs all of the Atomic Motions in the vehicle. After the installation, the car executes all pure motions on www.motionlab.com and www.youtube.com/user/motionlabLLC/videos.
- The team connects the output of the sensors in the vehicle with the Atomic Motion input. After the task, the vehicle performs all of the high-fidelity and trustworthy motions negotiating with static objects and humans in motion, loaded on www.motionlab.com and www.youtube.com/user/motionlabLLC/videos.
- Some of the Motion-Abstraction capabilities are installed.
- Now the vehicle becomes a friend of people.
We can tailor these technology-transfer steps in any way to accommodate your needs. For instance, we can license only [Level 1] for a firm.
When your firm completes the technology-transfer steps, the set of object-oriented classes will quickly, efficiently, and smoothly merge into your firm’s existing driverless-car algorithms. They will augment your firm’s current algorithms, not replace them. Within a short amount of time, your firm obtains all of what MotionLab has accumulated over several decades.
Then, your firm may choose to hold press conferences; here are some suggestions:
- Your firm can demonstrate the car’s high-fidelity motions in various settings. Also, viewers of your driverless car’s motion deeply understand the movement and what the car will do next. Then, they come to trust the car and no longer fear driverless cars.
- Your firm states that a unique mathematical foundation has created these groundbreaking accomplishments. The benefits will stay for long, possibly forever.
Such press conferences will significantly raise people’s trust and awareness in your driverless cars. Furthermore, pertinent government offices and car-insurance companies will become aware of a higher level of technology available for driverless vehicles.
If interested, please e-mail us.